Community Connectors – Newham
The Community Connectors programme in partnership with Community Links, Aston Mansfield, and the NHS East London Foundation Trust (ELFT) is committed to supporting people within Newham experiencing mental ill health to thrive within their communities.
Our community connectors team will support you to identify the wider issues that impact on your health and wellbeing, such as debt, poor housing, employment circumstances and unemployment, loneliness, isolation and caring responsibilities.
As community connectors we are committed to actively challenge stigma associated with mental health and raise awareness of the importance for everyone to look after their mental wellbeing
For further Information please contact us on:
020 7510 1081 or [email protected]
How to Refer
- Ask your support worker, or GP to refer you directly to our community connectors
- You are a resident of Newham – (Stratford area)
- Accessing adult mental health services
- Want support to facilitate your recovery
We can help you in the following ways:
- Provide regular personalised focused one-to-one support, within your local community, at a time and place convenient for you.
- Work closely with you to explore the situation affecting your mental health and wellbeing and provide support to enable access to appropriate resources e.g., talking therapies, benefits advice, employment, training opportunities welfare rights, settled housing, health promotion, local community groups/ activities
- Co-produce support -plans and intervention with you, helping you to address your health and wellbeing needs, work with you to set goals to make changes that are meaningful to you
- Provide health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques, to help identify barriers to you accessing services, and work with you to overcome these.
- Deliver support and care which is culturally informed and aware in order to fully address your needs
- Offer opportunities for you to get involved in improvement to the design, delivery and monitoring of the service